The WIB Founders Professional Scholarship Provides Great Opportunities and Experiences
WIB is proud to present The Women In Bio Founders Scholarship! The scholarship was established to advance the educational development of women by encouraging and supporting education on all aspects of life science. The scholarship honors WIB co-founders, Cynthia W. Hu, Robbie Melton, Anne Mathias, and Elizabeth Grey, who all wanted to provide a forum for women to come together to celebrate and support each other's success, and in so doing created a dynamic and invaluable forum for the local community.
We are pleased to announce WIB offered six $1,000 professional scholarships in 2019. Candidates were women currently working within the life sciences and a WIB member from any of our WIB chapters.
The 2019 Scholarship recipients are:
• Shon Green, of the WIB-Seattle chapter: Will be participating in the Landmark Forum and the Seattle Enlightened Leaders programs
• Claire Kampman, of the WIB-Pittsburgh chapter: Plans to take the RAC exam in Summer 2020
• Wynne Long, of the WIB-RTP chapter: Will attend UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School’s Women at Work Executive Development course
• Yesim Mercan, of the WIB-Philadelphia Metro chapter: Will attend Negotiation Skills: Strategies for Increased Effectiveness at Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
• Dorothea Portius, of the WIB-Southern California chapter: Working towards certification as a Clinical Trial Coordinator from the Association for Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP)
• Van Truong, of the WIB-Capital Region chapter: Will attend Advanced Practical Computing Concepts for Bioinformatics at Johns Hopkins University
To donate money towards the WIB Scholarship Fund, click here. We encourage companies to sponsor a full scholarship. We also invite individuals to donate any amount, and you can do so in honor or in memory of someone special to you.
Stay tuned for 2020 Scholarship Application details!