WIB is proud to present The Women In Bio Founders Scholarship! The scholarship was established to advance the educational development of women by encouraging and supporting education on all aspects of life science. The scholarship honors WIB co-founders, Robbie Melton, Anne Mathias, Cynthia Wong, and Elizabeth Grey, who all wanted to provide a forum for women to come together to celebrate and support each other's success, and in so doing created a dynamic and invaluable forum for the local community.
We are pleased to announce WIB will be offering three $1,000 professional scholarships this year. Candidates must be a woman currently working within the life sciences and a WIB member from any of our WIB chapters. The money can be applied towards workshops, conferences, courses, seminars and other similar educational programs.
Please submit completed scholarship applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 10, 2017.
The 2016 Scholarship recipients are:
- Hien Anh Nguyen from the Chicago chapter. Plans to attend the BIO 2017 Entrepreneurship Boot Camp.
- Leslie Gailloud from the NY chapter. Plans to attend the MGM Resorts Women’s Leadership Conference.
- Chelsea Zhou from the DC chapter. Plans to attend an Effective Communications and Human Relations skills workshop.
- Susan Farabaugh from the Pittsburgh chapter. Plans to attend a week-long course focused on “Managing Science in the Biotech Industry”.
- Daniela Grabs from the Seattle chapter. Plans to attend an Executive Seminar, “Strategic Communications and Negotiations”.
To donate money towards the WIB Scholarship Fund, click here. We encourage companies to sponsor a full scholarship, and also invite individuals to donate any amount and can do so in honor or in memory of someone special to you.