WIB Announces Completion of the 2018 Boardroom Ready Selection Process
Thursday, July 19, 2018
Posted by: Shannon Lachance
Women In Bio Announces Completion of the 2018 Boardroom Ready Selection Process
New York, July 19, 2018 -- Women In Bio (WIB), an organization of professionals committed to promoting careers, leadership, and entrepreneurship of women in the life sciences, is pleased to announce that Boardroom Ready has selected 20 highly qualified women to the participate in the 2018 program. Launched in 2016, Boardroom Ready is Executive Women In Bio’s (EWIB) exclusive executive development platform, designed to fuel women’s participation on corporate boards of directors in the life sciences.
“We are excited to welcome this talented and experienced group to the Boardroom Ready program. With 15 corporate board appointments since the program’s inception, it is clear the women selected to participate in this program already have the qualifications and ambition needed to step into board positions,” said Carolyn Brougham, chair of Boardroom Ready. “Our goal is to leverage the networking, tools, and mentorship this program provides to help each participant find their place in the boardroom as well as build a strong community of support along the way.”
The candidates selected for participation in the 2018 Boardroom Ready program are:
• Christine Pellizzari - Chief Legal Officer, Insmed Incorporated
• Corinne Epperly, M.D., M.P.H. - US Chief Operating Officer, VBL Therapeutics
• Denelle Waynick - Vice President, Legal Affairs, UCB
• Diala Ezzeddine, Ph.D. - Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Xios Therapeutics, Inc.
• Erica Whittaker, Ph.D. - Vice President, Head of UCB Ventures, UCB
• Gisela A. Paulsen, M.Pharm. - Senior Vice President, Global Head, Product Development, Clinical Operations, Roche/Genentech
• Hilary M. Malone, Ph.D. - Chief Regulatory Officer and Head, Global Regulatory Affairs, Sanofi
• Karah Parschauer - Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc.
• Karen LaRochelle - Chief Business Officer, PsiOxus Therapeutics
• Linda Blackerby - President, Pharma Intelligence, Business Intelligence, Informa
• Linda Phelan Dyson - Biopharmaceutical Executive, formerly Executive Vice President at LifeSci Public Relations LLC
• Lori Lyons-Williams - Chief Commercial Officer, Dermira, Inc.
• Martha Born - Senior Vice President, Chief Litigation Counsel, Biogen
• Mary Kay Fenton - Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, Achillion Pharmaceuticals
• Melissa Seymour - Vice President, Global Quality Control, Biogen
• Michelle Parsons - Senior Vice President Finance, Horizon Pharma
• Nathalie M. Franchimont, M.D., Ph.D. - Vice President, Multiple Sclerosis Research and Early Development Unit, Biogen
• Patrice M. Milos, Ph.D. - Co-Founder, President and CEO, Medley Genomics Inc.
• Shehnaaz Suliman, M.D., M.Phil., MBA - Senior Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategy, Theravance Biopharma
• Tierney Saccavino - Executive Vice President, Corporate Communications, Acorda Therapeutics
Michael Rice, founding partner at LifeSci Advisors and founding sponsor of the Boardroom Ready program, said “The strength of the Boardroom Ready program is highlighted in its ability to attract individuals with incredible depth and breadth of expertise across all sectors of the life sciences. The leadership of LifeSci Advisors is excited to partner with Women In Bio and engage with the selected candidates as they move through the program this fall.”
EWIB’s Boardroom Ready Program is a comprehensive program designed to elevate, promote, and place highly qualified women on corporate boards. Throughout the program and following completion, WIB, LifeSci Advisors, and other sponsors work to facilitate matching of program participants with companies seeking new board members. In addition, each candidate is partnered with an experienced board mentor to help navigate the path to board service. An intensive board competency-building curriculum at George Washington University is held annually to refine each candidate’s understanding of the duties, responsibilities, and commitments related to serving on both public and private boards. Boardroom Ready candidates also work with a professional resume writer to craft a board- tailored Curriculum Vitæ and biography. The Boardroom Ready program was inspired by Biogen’s internal Raising the Bar program.
EWIB is seeking qualified mentors to work with the 2018 Boardroom Ready participants. Boardroom Mentors play an important role in the program, offering guidance, encouragement, and experience-based strategies for networking, interviewing, and assessing the fit of a potential board seat.
Women In Bio (WIB) is an organization of professionals committed to promoting careers, leadership, and entrepreneurship of women in the life sciences. Each of its 13 chapters hosts numerous events throughout the year, including networking, career development, professional education, and executive level-focused events. WIB also hosts a mentorship program which offers women the chance to mentor or be mentored, a Young Women In Bio program, which offers events and encouragement to middle-school aged girls, webinars, and the support of a large national organization with 13 chapters and growing. As a volunteer organization, WIB offers leadership opportunities at every stage of your career, and a chance to expand your network in a supportive and professional environment. For more information, visit www.womeninbio.org.
For more information regarding the Boardroom Ready program, including cost, the selection process, and mentorship, please visit http://www.womeninbio.org/page/BoardroomReady.
Contact: Carolyn Brougham, Chair Boardroom Ready, Women In Bio