Tuesday, February 18, 2020
8:45 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
5823 Newton Dr
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Prominent professional women from life sciences, technology, engineering, and research share their vision for the convergence of life sciences and technology and how their companies and organizations are playing a role in these rapidly-evolving fields.
- This is a drop-off event, but teacher/advisors/guardians welcome to stay.
- Closed-toed shoes are required.
- Food will be provided.
- Please review the YWIB permission form located here.
- If this event is full, please email email@example.com to be placed on a waitlist.
YWIB Age Group
Middle and High School students
8:45 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Beverages and Snacks
9:00 a.m. - 915 a.m. YWIB Introductions
9:15 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Future of Life Science and Tech: Keynote Speaker
9:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. Panel Discussion
10:15 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Tour of the Manufacturing Plant and Small Group Discussions
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. Beverages and Lunch Included
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Hands-on STEM Design Challenge, sponsored by a Community Action Council Grant to the Women Employee Resource Group and Working Parents Groups at ThermoFisher Scientific
- Rhonda Newman, Director, Global R&D Operations, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Cindy Salas Murphy, CEO, With Health
- Neta Glaser, Development Engineer, NuVasive
- Namritha Ravinder, Senior Manager R&D, Cell Biology, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Tricia Kennedy, Director of Communications, Precision Medicine, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Non-Members/Free Unlimited Guest Members*: Free
*Click here if interested in purchasing a WIB membership.
No - Be sure to register early!
January 30, 2020
Parking will be in the visitor parking in the front of the reception area.