Gene therapy is at the forefront of preventative and therapeutic technologies targeting diseases that have no other cures. Join us as two leading gene therapy experts, Drs. Karen Kozarsky and Lynne Fahey McGrath, discuss different types of gene therapy, advanced programs, and the associated unique regulatory challenges.
Karen Kozarsky, Ph.D. is a consultant in gene therapy and President of Vector BioPartners. Most recently, she was Vice President of Research and Development at REGENXBIO Inc. where she was responsible for development of therapeutic programs utilizing adeno-associated virus (AAV) therapeutics for rare, inherited disease as well as acquired diseases. Previously, she headed the Gene Therapy group in the Biopharmaceuticals R&D Unit at GlaxoSmithKline, and worked at the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Michigan. Dr. Kozarsky received a Ph.D. in Biology from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a B.A. in Biology from Amherst College.
Lynne Fahey McGrath, MPH, Ph.D., is the Vice President of Regulatory Affairs at REGENXBIO, Inc. Prior to joining REGENXBIO in 2015, Dr. McGrath spent 10 years at Novartis Oncology managing global strategy for multiple development teams and as U.S. Head of Regulatory Affairs, where she directed the strategy for accelerated approval of multiple drugs including those for rare diseases worldwide. Prior to Novartis, Dr. McGrath spent over 15 years leading regulatory teams developing global products for oncology and rare genetic diseases. Dr. McGrath holds a Ph.D. and an M.P.H. in public health from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and a B.S. in biology and chemistry from the University of Connecticut.
* - Walk-ins will be accepted at the door until event capacity is reached.
- 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Hors d’oeuvres
- 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Presentations: Gene Therapy Overview – Dr. Karen Kozarsky and Unique Regulatory Challenges in Gene Therapy – Dr. Lynn Fahey McGrath
- 7:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Audience questions and Discussion
- Early Bird Pricing through October 6, 2017: $20
- Regular Pricing after October 6, 2017: $30
- Early Bird Pricing through October 6, 2017: $50
- Regular Pricing after October 6, 2017: $60
Special Pricing for Guests
When registering, members can register guests at member price.
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
- Parking Garage at 1 North Poppleton Street (at the corner of W. Baltimore and Poppleton Streets), Baltimore MD 21201
- Street parking available
University of Maryland BioPark
801 W Baltimore St.
Baltimore, MD 21201